Another Thanksgiving! Just seems like a few months ago, and we were all in Colorado for Thanksgiving! I miss everyone this year. I know that Kodi & Family, and Kevin & Family will have a wonderful meal in CA with Kevin and Kodi cooking, while Helen and Trenton keep the babes entertained.
Taryn has a house full with Bruce & Gail, and Brooks & Shirley & kids. She called last night, needing advice on making 3 or 4 Choc. Mousse at a time. Hope they turn out, I've never made that many at a time. She should be okay with the Bosch.
Misha & Jeremy and kids have invited friends from the ward to share their meal. She has Mallorie and Kolby helping her, while Jeremy goes to play football.
Kilee & Dusty have his parents here, and his grandpa will be there for their meal. Kilee had everything all planned out. So I hope all goes well. I haven't heard from her today.
PaPa is here with us in AZ, and Phillip, Tina & Trevor will be back and forth from her parents to our house to see who is serving the best food! It's handy that Tina's mom and Dad live behind us.
My Menu includes all the traditionals. Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Mashed potatoes, monkey bread, salad, green beans, and for desert, Prophets desert, and Tina is making a Pumpkin roll.
I'm using my old fashioned blue china--and my silver from my mom. Just for you girls who all want it when I die!
I was thinking last night, of my Granny Zell who taught me to cook. She made everything by hand--By this I mean, no Bosch, no mixers, no handy onion choppers, and no dishwashers to clean it all up. She made the best breads, and stuffing, cinnamon rolls and pies I've ever tasted. My mother made wonderful pies and candies but didn't make breads or cakes! It's funny we all have our specialities I guess.
I'm so thankful for all my children who love to cook!
And I really miss them this time of year! I'm fighting a depression coming on!
I love you all--and I'm so very Thankful that I've been blessed to be your mother, mother-in-law---wife, sister, daughter, friend!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What is prophets dessert? Just curious! Happy Thanksgiving
I miss you too and wish that we could've been there with you guys too. Don't get depressed. I need to come to AZ soon for a visit. I'm grateful to have such a good mom, and to have learned from you how to cook such good food. I have to say, this year's food turned out better than ever before for me, I think.
I miss you too and wish that we could've been there with you guys too. Don't get depressed. I need to come to AZ soon for a visit. I'm grateful to have such a good mom, and to have learned from you how to cook such good food. I have to say, this year's food turned out better than ever before for me, I think.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. Thank you for all the delicious food and good company.
Hey me and your grandma zell have something in common, we both wash dishes by hand. Boy do I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment