This is taken from our balcony..! We were so close to the water!
Again from our balcony..
This island is mostly lava!! We saw very few sandy beaches!
Still beautiful though!
This area was once a little Taro farming area..but was wiped out by a sanami~
Beautiful water falls~
Scary volcanos!!
I had delayed going to this island because of the volcanos and earthquakes! They just scare me to death. Well, we did have 2 earthquakes while we were there, but I never felt them~ I constantly check the earth quake reports..have ever since Kevin moved to CA..I just have a very unhealthy fear~ The island was so beautiful very different. I have people ask which Island we prefer..and honestly I can't say..they are all different, and it would depend what you like to do. Myrle loved an area called Parker Ranch...it's the largest ranch in the world.. the most acres, at least..anyway no beaches, just lush pasture land~
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Terri, what island were you on? We are going in October, my son is doing the Xterra race. Parker Ranch sounds so familiar, is it on the Big Island?
Yes Parker Ranch is on the Big Island. Myrle loved it there, even though there is no ocean view. You just can't take the ranch/farming out of him, even in Hawaii.
Post a Comment