

Yesterday I finally went to the trading post to get Anabeth a little silver and turquoise bracelet--I had planned to do it several days earlier, but for some reason had put it off. Anyway as I was looking at the bracelets, a Navajo man approached me--It was Jimmie King--We hugged and talked for almost 2 hours--He is the most amazing man. He is the man who named Misha, and probably the last time I had seen him was when I was pg with her! He makes the most beautiful Navajo jewelry/ Granny had a collection, and I have several of his things also. He has been in Arizona Highways, and numerous other publications featuring his beautiful jewelry. The first thing he asked about was Misha, the daughter he named-- and wants to see her the next time she is here for a visit. Was surprised that she has 2 children!
He is almost 70 years old, and is in a band and bungee jumps!! He said he had gotten bored jumping out of airplanes. Tomorrow night he is performing at the Casino, and I think we will stay and go and see the show. He is such a character! It was just wonderful seeing him--Myrle and I had tried to find his house in New Mexico but without luck. I was just at the trading post at exactly the right time!
3 comments:
How cool! I never knew that's how Misha got her name - I love it!
how come he named misha, how did that come about?? Its odd what a small world it is, and you never know who you're gonna run into.
Next time I'm over in that area and you're actually home ;) I'll come help you make it cute!! And I don't like music on blogs.... Sorry! I keep my computer muted!!
Post a Comment