Joseph B. Wirthlin passed away this past week. I just read his last talk from General Conf. in Oct. He said whenever something went wrong, his mother would always say "Come what may, and love it." The older I get the more I think about things my mom, and especially my Aunt Carol would say. One of the things I heard Aunt Carol say was "endure till the end." Of course when I was younger, it didn't make much of an impression. But now that I'm aging (Birthday coming up next week!) I think more and more about that, and find there is indeed more to endure than I ever imagined.
Joseph Wirthlin talked about Learning to Laugh, and I find that gets me through alot of the enduring! He has a grandson, who has autism, and spoke about what a blessing this child is to their family, and all that it has taught them.
I will miss Elder Wirthlin's words of wisdom! So, Come what may, and love it!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to all you said!
Post a Comment