Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Very Best Christmas

Someone asked me recently what was the best Christmas I've ever had?? Well at my age (Just had a birthday, so it's on my mind a lot!) I've had lots of memorable Christmases--But the one that comes to mind is when my Misha was born. She was born on December 13th, and I remember thinking after her birth that my life was absolutely perfect!! I had always wanted a son, and then two daughters--So I had exactly what I'd always wanted~Giving birth in December is wonderful to me, because it really made me think of the Saviors birth--How Mary must have felt to hold a sweet baby in her arms, and just the joy that your body feels after giving birth! I was lucky enough to have two December babies~ Of course all my babies were wonderful, as are all my children, but there was just something extra special about giving birth in December.
Now, here the challenge for all my blogger friends: What was your most memorable Christmas??
All my shopping is done/wrapped, shipped ( I spent 95.00 this year to ship to NC & OR!!) and under the tree. Now to start the baking, and candy making for my children getting in this weekend! I can hardly wait!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas~ and Santa brings you everything you want! XXXOOO to all my blogging friends!

2 comments:

Camille Witter said...

hi terri,this is karen, first of all happy birthday,i have only one b-day, (well now two with the birth of connor)in december. and there is something special about having a baby in dec. but the child doesn't always think so, cuz of presents. how did you always feel about having one in dec.? maybe after the christmas rush is over and your family leaves, we can go to lunch for your birthday! one christmas i enjoyed esp. was when we went to colorado and had christmas with deb and terry, they lived in cortez. the stay there wasn't too grand as jeremy got the croup and spent christmas day in the hospital very ill. but when we came home santa had come to our home in mesa and left the kids lots of presents while we were gone! they sorta had two christmas's that year! my mom helped santa while we were gone. speaking of my mom i sure miss her, i always think of her extra when a new baby comes to the family, she loved to go and see them! sometimes when i'm saying my prayers i ask if someone can go and tell mom i love her and give her a hug for me. i wonder of that is possible? i hope so.

TERRI said...

Yea, It's really hard this time of year without moms! I miss mine too. I doubt she even knew how special she always made Christmas for us. She's always cook, and cook, and when we'd get to Colorado, there would be all kinds of goodies waiting for us! I've tried to keep up that tradition.
I remember the gift thing was an issue, with a December birthday. I had lots of people give me a gift, and tell me that was my birthday and Christmas gift!! duh---ummm--and the other problem was always getting gifts wrapped in "Christmas" paper--! Oh well, now looking back it didn't matter all that much!