Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NCL Cruise/Bahamas

We're in Miami checking it out now~ Yesterday we went to Key Largo--Ate dinner at a wonderful place there, with a beautiful view.It was wonderful cruising with Taryn, kids and Derik's family. Perfect way to do our first cruise! Of course we didn't get to see enough of them, and hated to leave them!

As pretty as it was, it just isn't Hawaii. I guess I really loved the people of the islands more. The water was beautiful in The Bahamas, but it was dirty elsewhere! On the beach there were tons of peddlers, selling every thing from jewelry, hair braiding to green (we're assuming that is pot?) The cruise ship was great~ The food was wonderful, and since this was free style cruising we could eat anytime, and anywhere we wanted to. We had our favorite restrauant we ate at everyday, and got excellent service from the staff. The first day we took off it was windy, and the ship was rocking some, it was a little hard to get the hang of standing, but didn't make us sick at all. It was great going to bed, and being rocked to sleep. We didn't have the rocking any other night, and I missed it. I would definitely do a longer cruise next time.

1 comment:

PC&Trev said...

Bailee's shirt was perfect for the occasion. We really need to plan a 2011 Higgins trip somewhere. We may have to skip 2010 vacation trips, his car is going to cost a fortune.