Friday, February 26, 2010

Random Happenings~

I always thought by the time you were a grandma, you weren't supposed to worry so much===WRONG--- This past week, Kodi's little guy, Dane had to be rushed to ER==He had been sick and running a fever--at 9:30 Kodi took his temp. it was 100.4 Which isn't too bad--she just held him, then at 9:50 he started having a seizure. His temp was 103--Jeremy called 911, and Kodi made sure Dane didn't swallow his tongue~ By the time 911 arrived, the seizure had stopped but he was lethargic~ They took him to ER, where they did all kinds of tests. As well as giving him medications. Apparently the sudden rise of his fever is what caused the seizure~ Thank goodness Kodi had dealt with this at the hospital. After all my kids, and all the kids I've taken care of through the years, I've never experienced this, nor did I know this could happen. I'm so thankful he's ok now!
And on top of that===Kora is walking now, but she turns one of her little feet out, and walks with a sort of limp--It really looks like one leg is longer than the other, or that perhaps her hip is out of place. Kilee and Dustin took her to the Dr. this week, and he said to give it 6 more months--then see if it's ok---But the grandma/mother in me, says this should be checked out further, and corrected now, while she's learning to walk, and growing. Awww---this is the reason I have to dye my hair!!! Not to mention losing sleep, which causes wrinkles!! Ha!
My Dad is on his way to AZ--It always scares me when he drives that distance. He's having an eye lift next week==Which I think is crazy--But the Dr. has convinced him he needs it, and of course the insurance will pay for it. But I'm not sure I'm ready for him to always looked "surprised".
 
Trevor & Cole

4 comments:

Carie said...

Well I agree, Dr's tend to say "let's see and wait" when they don't know what they are talking about, there is no reason they shouldn't take her to a specialist now and see what they say! What's the harm? I have had many doctor's tell me this and it makes me very angry! They told us this for Kyler's blind eye, and now it's too late to correct, and then for Kreed's autism. I asked for a referral and he said are you kidding me he doesn't have autism, he's no zombie, just wait, I said well I want the referral anyway, and he gave it to me. We put our faith and trust in doctor's when in reality mother's intuition is much more reliable! I say check it out!
Scary on the seizure! Been there done that! I hope it doesn't keep happeneing now everytime there is a high fever, I heard if it happened once it is more likely to happen again.

Camille Witter said...

i say the worry is much much worse as the children get married and have children of their own! i don't get it, maybe it's cuz there are so many more to worry about now? oh yes,this is karen and not camille.haha. i remember carie's babies would cry and pass out. that was not fun at all. danforth always said they would not die, although it looked like they were gonna, they would always catch their breath when they passed out!they would turn blue and hands would sorta go into weird claw looking things! scared me so bad!

TERRI said...

I've always said that Doctors have a license to "practice" and this is what they do. You just can't beat a mother's intuition~ we know when there is something wrong! Kilee and Dusty have said something was wrong with that little foot, even when she was crawling~ So hopefully they will take her to someone else. I wish Derik would fly out, and take a look at her/ I trust him to know if something is out of whack!

PC&Trev said...

Dane's seizure is really scary. I was sooo glad to hear that he's ok.