Tuesday, August 24, 2010

California!




We are in California waiting for Helen to start labor, and give birth to a little boy (We hope it's a boy, not 100% sure it is)
Let me just say : I hate California!!! I'm not sure why they love it so much~ We have had beautiful weather, until yesterday---but that's the only redeeming thing I can find. The freeways are filthy! I've never seen so much trash along side of the roads! Except perhaps in Mexico, or some other 3rd world country! I remember back in the old days, coming to CA for vacation, and being amazed how clean, green & plush their freeways were--not anymore! Some of these welfare people need to get out & clean before they can collect their checks!!
Sunday we went to church, not one single person shook our hand, or ask who we were---Good talks however---but not a very friendly ward! They must have missed that instruction from the first presidency!!
California has a recycling tax on various things you buy--I bought a case of water, there was a $1.05 additional fee, I bought a bottle of blueberry juice, there was an additional .05 ----We were surprised there wasn't a fee on the milk carton! Then Kevin has 3 dumpsters--one for plastic & paper (which CA recycles--so why do we have to pay a fee, they're making twice the money!! And I might add, still going broke, as a state!) One dumpster for regular trash, and yet another one for yard waste--tree limbs, grass etc.
Anyway, I will gladly take my HOT ole Arizona! The cost of living is so much less, even if we aren't as "cool" as all these higher thinking Californians! ha!
We are loving our time with Anabeth!! She's a busy girl--counts to 10 then expects to be cheered & applauded! Very cute! She is still speaking "Anabeth talk" but in the middle of it, comes out very plain sentences-- Reminds me of Bailee, who used to speak "Porkacheese"--when she was little! Anabeth is really a beautiful little girl--beautiful skin, and eyes--and has curls, except for one area --funny!!
We've eaten at all our favorite places---Thai food, Italian food, and THE Lobster Shack!! Let me just say, the naked lobster rolls are the best!! The Thai place we go to, was having a special celebration for being in business for 17 years--they had dancers performing--and door prizes--the dancers were interesting--Not my kind of music--but Anabeth was amazed! Plus I won the first door prize they gave away!! I had to go up, and tell them where I was from, and draw the next prize winner---Not my cup of tea= I hate going up in front of people~

2 comments:

Misha said...

So what did you win?

TERRI said...

Guess I should have included that! I won 2 pink quilted pillow shams/ with bear & something else on them--Left them for Anabeth!