

Pompeii was amazing--I loved walking through the old city.
Some of the decorations on walls in Pompeii.
Naples, Italy
Naples was our favorite place~ The pizza was amazing, and our guide/driver was The Best in the World! Mario was his name--he started singing beautiful Italian songs the minute we took off---He had driven a taxi for 38 years, and taught himself to speak English, Russian, French & of course his Italian~ I said WOW--to some of the sights, and he said "Why do Americans say Wow"? "Say, Mama Mia"!Mario took us to Pompeii for several hours! It was so interesting--I won't bore you with all the history---basically it's an ancient city, destroyed by a volcano (Mount Vesuvius, You see in the background) The people were actually killed by the gasses from the volcano--not the ash that covered the city. The City is huge--we walked and walked--they are still uncovering things, and repairing because some of the walls to the buildings are falling! It was built in AD 79----and not discovered until 1748!
No comments:
Post a Comment