Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our trip to Houston

Myrle--walking yet another beach!

Steve & Judi--she took tons of pictures of birds!


We are in Houston, Texas and it's been wonderful! My uncle Derry was buried here 40+ years ago....His wife, my Aunt Stella died back in Dec of 2010--so their children organized a memorial here in Houston, where her ashes were buried with Uncle Derry~It was so nice getting to see everyone==I think there were 23 of us here for the memorial~ We stayed at an Embassy Suites hotel, not too far from the cemetery.
It is sad to think that both Aunt Stella & Uncle Derry are gone too--but wonderful that they are together again~ Of course hearing things like this doesn't help us much, when it comes to dealing with their passing! When my mom died, during my Kodi's wedding in the Arizona Temple, so many people made the statement, that it was "so wonderful to die in such a beautiful place" Well, there was nothing wonderful about it!!!!!! I now have such a hard time going to the temple~
It was great seeing all my cousins, and hopefully we can keep in touch! I've told them, the next time we get together, it'd better be for a wedding, and not another funeral! We're counting on Debbie's beautiful daughters to carry this request out!
Today we went to Galveston. Myrle had never been there, so it was fun having him visit a new place! I think I have a picture of him, just like this from every single beach we've ever visited! ha!
Tomorrow we're on our way to North Carolina, where Misha & the twins will be waiting with Taryn's gang! We can hardly wait to see them all!

No comments: