Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oahu






We had a busy day of driving! Saw the beautiful LDS Temple, the BYU Hawaii campus, lots of beaches, and ended up going to Pearl Harbor, and going to the USS Arizona Memorial. It was very touching! I was crying before we even got to the memorial~ I find that I hold a lot of bitterness towards Japan, and the people of that country! By the way they are also rude!! There were 3 young couples in the museum taking pictures, and laughing at the display of the carrier ship, which carried the planes that bombed Pearl Harbor!! Of course I couldn't understand a word they were saying, but I didn't find it amusing~

2 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

We've only ever gone to Maui so I've never seen those things, but I want to so bad!! I would love to see the Pearl Harbor memorial in person! And the Temple... One day! Again, I love all the pictures!! Ü

PC&Trev said...

Maybe they were joking about something else? Either way, a bit of bad timing. I'm so glad your taking lots of pictures.