We had a busy day~ Went to the historic area of Charleston, & took a carriage ride around the city. Got to see all kinds of old homes, and historic stuff---right up my alley~ I loved it. Some of the streets were made of rocks---with I guess concrete between them--The big rocks were brought over in ships--some thing to do with leveling out the ships...I should have taken a picture~ The homes were just beautiful, many have these side doors, that open from the street---onto a porch area~ Beautiful iron work on almost all of them~ There is a market area in the center of town, where women weave baskets--and try to sell them. These darn baskets cost $350.00~~ Our tour guide told us they were something you could pass down to your children, like silver or china! Yeah right~~ A basket~ Who would ever guess they were so valuable. For lunch we had fried grits with shrimp~sweet potato pie~ Crab cakes~ It was delicious~
Derik is sporting a new look!! We laughed & laughed~ He got many compliments, however Taryn wasn't laughing, she has no sense of humor! ha!
Tonight we went to the beach, & walked in the moon light--got our feet wet. The sand at this beach, was like powder---very soft, and you really didn't sink down into it, like in Hawaii---In Hawaii, it was much harder walking on the beach~ We had planned to tour a Plantation, but they were having a wedding there, so we couldn't do it today==How cool would that be? And I wonder how expensive~ Maybe tomorrow~
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha, I couldn't stop laughing at Derek. I think what made me laugh more was thinking about Taryn's face looking at him. Glad you had fun. Looks very southern.
Post a Comment