Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kingman

This is the intersection where my Dad's accident happened---Looks safe doesn't it?

This is the Lexus that hit my Dad's car~ They were taken to the hospital in Kingman, but released~

When I first saw Dad's car--I burst into tears! I had no idea it would be this bad! Don't know what I was thinking it would look like, but I guess the reality of it, really hit me~

The emergency people had to cut his seat belt, and remove him through the passenger side.

I guess the side air bags saved his head--He had no head trauma--which is amazing after seeing this windshield~

Needless to say, yesterday was a horrible day! I know I needed to see this, but it's really been tough. I think I'm glad I didn't see it earlier--Needed to spread this out a little--Not sure my mind could take it all right after the death etc.
Wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom--about life, and our eternal journey--But I'm at a loss--I just really miss my Dad! Life is so very fragile
and sometimes we just don't realize how quickly someone we love can be gone to us!

3 comments:

Brian and Jessica said...

Terri~ Those pictures are heart wrenching!! I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine how you're feeling! I wish I could say something to help, but I'll I have is I'M SORRY!! Wish I could give you a big hug! You're in my prayers!!!

Laurel said...

Gosh Terri, it is a wonder he made it out alive even though it eventually took his life. What is going to happen to the people that hit him? They should be punished even though I am sure they didn't do it on purpose. I am so sorry that his life had to end this way. It is so hard to lose a loved one, but keeping their memories alive is what keeps you going.

TERRI said...

There wasn't even a ticket issued to the people that hit him~ They were taken to hospital, but released==No blood tests, breathe tests were done either/ which we wondered about~ The whole thing is just really missed up--we're hiring a private investigator--The state patrols report was way off---He reported that dad wasn't using his seat belt--when we know they had to cut it off him to get him out--in fact the emergency guy lost his knife while doing it-- And the patrol man took all Dad's info/ wallet etc. and never contacted us--Hospital didn't know who he was--if it hadn't been for On Star we wouldn't have known where he was~